Dental Hygiene Services
Did you know you can’t be healthy without good oral health? Our team of hygienists offer a range of dental hygiene services to meet the oral health needs of our patients. These include:
- Performing non-surgical periodontal therapy, which includes but is not limited to, scaling, root planning, assessing and recording the overall oral conditions, commonly called charting.
- Making and developing dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Removing calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth.
- Applying preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides).
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling).
- Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health.
- Perform or assist in dental fillings and other restorative services.